Thursday, April 10, 2008

Not a good travel day...

Yesterday my return trip from Dublin to Boston was a less than enjoyable experience. To use up Frequent Flier miles I traveled with American Airlines which called for a trip by way of Chicago.

When I arrived in Chicago after an 8-hour flight I discovered my flight to Boston was one of the 1000 flights cancelled by American. After endless hours of delay and a detour to Pittsburg I arrived in Boston late at night to discover my luggage was lost.

I have no issue with American grounding planes for inspections. Like many passengers I was upset that I was not informed of the cancellation. When the agent issued me a boarding pass in Dublin I had no idea that the flight was already cancelled. I suspect the agent was not informed of the cancellations. Not a pleasant experience.